Just like your body needs pampering and care, your fingers and toes need indulging too. Manicures and pedicures are not just a fashion statement anymore; they’re also a part of hygiene and hels in eradicating skin problems like athlete’s foot, corns and also take out toxins from the body. Most times it’s a task to run to the salon to get your nails done and it’s often neglected. So we have a quick solution for you to manage this problem and de-stress your hands and feet with the same salon effect. Here are products that will help make your manicures and pedicures more personalized.
To start with, the Professional Manicure and Pedicure kit, has all the essentials needed for your DIY manicure and pedicure at home. The only added ingredient are your favourite salts and essential oils to make the experience more uplifting.
- Take cotton and first take out the existing nail paint or chipped off paint.
- Soak your hands and feet with some Epsom salt or rock salt and essential oils (rosemary, lavender) for a more refreshing experience. Continue the soak for 10 minutes to soften the heels of the feet and dryness in your palms. There are great manicure and pedicure systems available on Junglee, which offers massage and heating of the tub while you soak your hands and feet.
- Use a cuticle remover or orange stick to push back or cut the cuticles of your nails.
- Soak again for another ten minutes to soften the skin.
- Use a foot scrub around the heel and massage in circular motion to remove the dead skin, you can also use a pumice stone or a foot scrubber to scrub out the dry skin around the heel.
- Continue the soak again for another ten minutes to remove the residue.
- Pat your skin dry and either shape or trim your nails according to your want. Apply a cuticle cream around the corner of your nails to keep the edges moisturized. Vitamin E is the main component in keeping this area soft. There are many creams available on Junglee to choose from to make it easier for you!
- Once it’s dry, apply your top coat, wait for it to dry and apply your favourite shade of nail colour and you're set to go!
Quick French manicure and pedicure tip: Start with the base coat and let it dry. Apply your skin tone coat above it. There are great French manicure/pedicure kits available on Junglee to get great tones for your nails and also stickers to get the right amount to paint at the tip of your nail. Soon after the skin tone coat is dried, use a white nail paint to line the top your nails, let it dry and voila, you have a great a French manicure!