It's that time of the year when your skin needs extra pampering. The moisture diminishing from the skin cells makes it dry and leaves it parched and dull. The first step in eliminating this is to stay hydrated by drinking enough water through the day. Junglee has some great products in store to help you deal with those winter- skin woes.
1. Using the right type cleanser is a must for the winters. Creamy facial cleansers like Andalou Naturals Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser and Skin Care Revolution Creamy Cleanser are excellent for the skin during this time as it does not strip the skin of its natural oils. If your skin is oily, cleansers like the Elizabeth Arden Oil Control Refining Cleanser and Paulas Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser are a few you can consider. Cetaphil is a neutral cleanser for sensitive to oily skin. It also helps maintain the natural oils of the skin.
2. Moisturizer is your best friend during this season. Use a moisturizer which suits your skin type so that you don’t invite unnecessary break outs. Moisturizing facial masks like Carita Instant Moisturising Radiance Mask is a great quick fix to glowing skin for a great night-out. Make sure you moisturize right after a shower as it will help in locking in that extra moisture to keep your skin supple.
3. As much as we enjoy our hot- baths during the cold winters. It’s the worst -enemy for the skin. Use lukewarm water with some essential oils like lavender, rosemary or sage to soothe the skin.
4. Avoid skin care products and hairstyling products that have a high alcoholic content. As it depletes the moisture in the skin leaving it dry and scaly.
5. When it comes to hair, if you're already dealing with dry, brittle hair, fight the urge to reach out for hair styling products. Towel dry your hair and then air dry it for the same blow dried effect. The Moroccan Moist Miracle Spray is a magic product you can use to protect your hair while styling.
6. One of the biggest problems during winters are chapped lips. Use a lip balm with at least SPF 15 and preferably one with antiseptic agents to aid in healing. Blistex and Burt’s Bees are tried and tested favourites to keep your lips well moisturized. Lip balms like Epicuren are enriched with Tea-tree oil, which help in healing cracked lips.
7. Your hands, feet, knees and elbows need to be looked after too, during winter. Use products like Dove Body Lotion, Palmers Cocoa Butter and Nivea Milk Lotion containing shea butter, glycerine and mineral oils. To keep your hands and feet baby soft, use a pair of gloves or socks at night to lock in the moisture.